I never used to be much of a yogurt person, all until frozen yogurt dessert chains started popping up a few years ago! Froyo made me appreciate the sourish taste of yogurt, while making me feel like I’m making a better diet decision because it’s supposed to be better for your digestive system than ice cream (right?! please tell me I am right).
Danone yogurts are made with 100% Australian Milk, fresh fruits (not dried) and it is ultra thick and creamy! I love that it’s made in Australia. Australian produce are always fresh, top-notch and overall usually unbeatable quality!
Look at all the delicious flavors I got my hands on. Black Cherry, Raspberry & White Chocolate, Honey, Blueberry, and Strawberry! Totally spoilt for choice.
Because I’m obsessed with anything white chocolate, I singled this flavor out as my top favorite – Raspberry & White Chocolate.
I love the taste and texture of this yogurt! It is thick and smooth while retaining a refreshing lightness. The fruity flavor is distinct and not at all artificial.
The most basic way to enjoy the yogurt is obviously just by the spoonful for a snack or for breakfast, but because I AM miss baker extraordinaire, I had to find a way to include this gloriously creamy ingredient in one of my baked recipes! And I thought a rustic yogurt loaf would be the best fit for this verstatile ingredient.
Raspberry & White Chocolate Yogurt Loaf
- 1 and a half cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup white or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup Danone Raspberry & White Chocolate yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of of raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Lightly dust medium sized loaf pan with thin coating of flour, tap out excess
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt
- Add in yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl, mix until well incorporated
- Fold in dry ingredients into wet ingredients until mixture is smooth
- Stir in raspberries lightly into the batter mixture
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean
- Let loaf cool in pan for 15 minutes before transferring onto wire rack for cooling
This is the first time I’ve ever made a yogurt loaf, and I fell madly in love with the outcome! The texture of the cake is incredibly moist and crumbly.
The best part is probably how fragrant the loaf and entire kitchen smells after baking, thanks to Danone’s amazing yogurt. I’ve made this recipe but with different flavors of yogurts (a total of 4 times!!!).
I made more yogurt loaves, namely Blueberry (with fresh blueberries), Honey (with walnuts), Black cherry (with fresh strawberries) and each and every one of them was legit to-die-for. The sweetness of the loaf is just perfect, and it’s something even people who do not usually eat cake will definitely enjoy.
There’s no need for fancy glazes or toppings because the loaf itself is so delicious!
I sliced up this yogurt loaf made with Danone yogurts and packed them as gifts to bring for different people as I visited them at their work place and homes. Needless to say, they were extremely well-received.
So much that I’m considering selling this as a permanent item at my dessert cafe, Shiberty Bakes! It’s just perfect for an afternoon snack or even a sweet breakfast treat.
You HAVE to try this recipe on your own, because it’s so fuss-free and easy that anyone can achieve great results with this!
Danone yogurt is having a contest, whereby you can stand to win a 2D1N getaway at The Sofitel Singapore Sentosa! Simply post a photo of your favorite yoghurt recipe, and hashtag #CreateWithDanone in order to qualify! The top 10 winners will also be receiving a special prize.