If there’s one ingredient I never get bored of experimenting with, it’s good ol’ glorious cheese. Cheese is pretty much top on the list of my favorite things in the world.
There’s just so many things you could do with it – grill, bake, deep fry, turn it into a sauce or simply have it on its own. The brand that’s been making a constant appearance in my fridge for what’s coming to almost 2 years now is Perfect Italiano. The signature bright green bags of cheese can be found in my kitchen at any given point in time! Perfect Italiano is a cooking cheese brand that adds simple Italian flair to everyday family meals. It is simple and easy to use, and easy to use – ensuring that homemade meals are not complex or time consuming.
My favorite consistency of cheese is the ooey gooey melted type which can be found in pizzas and baked dishes, and that’s why the next Perfect Italiano cheese recipe I’m going to bring you is yet another baked till perfectly golden brown creation!
As much as I love my baked pastas, some days I feel like having something lighter, so this zucchini slice recipe is what I’d turn to when I want something lower in carbs than pasta that still has that satisfying bite and texture!
- 5 eggs
- 120g self raising flour
- 350g of zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 200g bacon or skinless chicken
- 220g of Perfect Italiano Perfect bakes cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, and grease a 9″ inch pan, or preferably, a baking dish
- Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl, and gently combine egg whites & yolks together
- Add self raising flour and mix to a smooth consistency
- Grate the zucchhini, finely chop the onion, and dice the bacon. If you are using chicken, dice the chicken and cook it first.
- Add zucchini, onions, bacon / chicken, Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese and oil into the large mixing bowl
- If you are using chicken, then add half a teaspoon of salt to the mixing bowl
- Mix everything together until the batter is uniform
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes
- To achieve a golden brown crust, turn the temperature up to 220 degrees for the last 5 minutes
- Let cool for 8 minutes before serving so that the zucchini slice may stiffen up to reasonably stable consistency for easier handling
I love using avocado and zucchini in my cooking because of how delicious and good they are for you!
Their creamy and fleshy meat lends a very versatile use to dishes, and in this case, the zucchini makes for a very smooth and creamy quiche. If you’d like to go for a halal friendly or healthier option, feel free to use diced chicken instead of bacon. I’m a bacon-everything kinda girl, so please don’t be alarmed at how often bacon appears in the recipes I post.
My favorite part of this dish is undoubtedly the golden brown cheesy crust, made with Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes.
I’m sure it’s common knowledge by now that cheesy crust just makes anything baked about a hundred times more delicious.
I’d serve this zucchini slice as a breakfast item (made the day before, of course) or as an afternoon snack / side dish! Even if you don’t normally fancy leafy vegetables, this zucchini slice will take you by surprise because of how creamy it tastes.
You’re going to love this next recipe because there’s only one ingredient used and it is oh so tasty!
Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- Perfect Italiano Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Lay baking paper on the baking tray
- Place about circular domes of Perfect Italiano Parmesan Cheese that are approximately 6cm in diameter
- Bake for 4-5 minutes, being careful not to let it burn as it will make the crisp taste bitter
How great are these?!
You know those cheese crisps you find in fine dining restaurants? Well who knew they were this simple to make? They can be done in a mere few minutes and in my opinion, it tastes better than any cheese snacks I’ve bought in supermarkets before.
They turn out crispy on the edges, slightly chewy in the middle and packed with a bold flavor. They work so well to jazz up your soups, salads, pastas, or just eat them the way I do – on its own! I could finish up 8 crisps in one sitting! No other ingredients or preparation steps needed.
Simply lay Perfect Bakes Parmesan cheese then bake until golden brown, and enjoy. If you normally find parmesan cheese a little too strong for your liking, don’t worry, the taste and aroma is tamed the moment it’s baked. Just pure crispy cheesy goodness here! Even if you don’t cook, this is doable by anyone.
From 15 May to 15 July 2015, Perfect Italiano is giving away FREE Perfect Italiano cooking kits for every purchase of $30 worth of Perfect Italiano products. Accumulated receipts are allowed!
Perfect Italiano Cooking Kit Redemption Mechanics
Send original receipts to: Perfect Italiano Cooking Kit Tanjong Pagar Post Office, PO Box 396, S(910814) with your Name, NRIC, Address and Contact No. Each cooking kit set will comprise of: 1 Cutting Board, 1 Cheese Shaker, 1 Spaghetti
Scooper, 1 Pizza Cutter and 1 Recipe Booklet. Promotion valid from 15 May to 15 July 2015. Prizes will be sent directly to winners by registered mail. Strictly limited to 700 sets on a first-come, first-served basis. *For Terms & conditions, visit www.perfectitaliano.com.sg
Do give these cheesy recipes a try and hashtag #PerfectItalianoSG when you post on social media!
You can find more of my Perfect Italiano cheese recipes for your perusal below: