The time has come yet again for me to explore the world of cooking with Perfect Italiano cheese and sharing with you the results of my culinary adventures!
Perfect Italiano is a cooking cheese brand that adds simple Italian flair to everyday family meals. It is simple and easy to use, preventing homemade meals from being difficult, complex and time-consuming. You can easily add an Italian flair to your meals with a sprinkle of their great tasting cheese. Using Perfect Italiano’s cheese as the main ingredient, I’ve whipped up and shared the recipes for: Mac & Cheese and Deli Sandwich, Alfredo Pasta Bake and Parmesan Apple Crumble, & Tortilla Pizza and French Onion Soup.
That’s a total of 6 different dishes that feature various usage of their range of cheeses, and today, let’s add 2 more to the list! Today’s recipes were specifically thought up to be very inexpensive, quick, and delicious to make. Anyone, even without prior cooking experience, can attempt these! Both recipes should take under 10 minutes for prep AND cooking time. Not forgetting they are vegetarian-friendly as well!
Cheesy Eggy Mee Goreng
Ingredients (serves 1):
- A packet of your favorite instant Mee Goreng
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Japanese seasoning (consisting of seaweed & sesame mainly)
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 handfuls of Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese
- Prepare your Mee Goreng according to the packet instructions. I like to have my noodles very firm with lots of bite. Soggy noodles are just meh. Plate your noodles.
- Whip up 2 eggs in a bowl with a tablespoon of milk, then stir in 2 moderate handfuls of Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese.
- Pour into frying pan and cook the scrambled eggs over medium heat with some butter or oil, removing them from the heat while they’re still quite runny. Gently place on top of noodles.
- Garnish with Japanese seasoning and a good squeeze of ketchup all over your noodles.
I don’t usually eat instant noodles. I find the taste boring and not worthy of my calories. I’d rather eat bread with spread. But this, I would gladly wolf down again and again! The cheesy runny egg addition absolutely turns your average boring instant Mee Goreng into something much more special.
A plate of instant Mee Goreng with a fried egg on top just isn’t quite the same thing. Isn’t it awesome how some unexciting food we’re totally familiar with can be completely re-invented with just some cheeses?
It kinda reminds me of okonomiyaki, which is Japanese egg-wrapped fried noodles! You can do so much more to this, or leave it as it is. Make it even sexier by adding some meat (hot dogs perhaps, to keep to the “instant” theme?), but I chose to keep it simple and do-able under 5 minutes, because this is my idea of a yummy quick-fix.
The tart and sweet ketchup is necessary to balance out the flavors. Despite not being a baked dish, I chose Perfect Bakes for this as it contains a mix of three different cheeses for a more well-rounded taste!
Cheesy Chocolate Banana Fritters
- Bananas (as few or as many as you’d like)
- Corn starch
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Some milk
- Maple syrup
- Shaved chocolate
- Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Cheese
- Oil for deep frying
- Peel and cut bananas into shorter lengths if using the longer variety.
- Dip bananas in milk, then coat with corn starch.
- Crack and mix an egg in a bowl. Dip corn starch coated bananas into egg wash.
- Coat the bananas in panko breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the bananas in hot oil until golden brown which takes about 15 seconds.
- Sprinkle on shaved chocolate and Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Cheese, and finish off with a generous drizzle of maple syrup!
These are inspired from a local treat called Goreng Pisangs! But instead of being simply fried in a thick batter as most stalls would sell them, I chose to give it a crispy but thin coating instead, letting the natural flavors of the juicy and sweet banana come through more. The shredded Mozzarella Cheese and shaved dark chocolate pieces complement the banana fritter perfectly and it does NOT taste the same without the cheese. I’ve tried and tested this theory.
The cheese adds a certain savory taste that enhances the flavor and because mozzarella is so mild, it’s not strange at all! Finally, we drizzle maple syrup all over this creation because… maple syrup over anything is a fantastic idea.
I hope you give these unorthodox fusion recipes a try!
They’re extremely simple and there’s very little to wash up afterwards because there are only a few steps to take. I wanted to show you guys that cheese doesn’t have to be used for only Western dishes, but that it can be easily incorporated into Asian food. We’re lucky to live in Singapore where good food is easily available and we can enjoy all sorts of cuisines from around the world, so we should make full use of this global exposure to our advantage!
From 15 May to 15 July 2015, Perfect Italiano is giving away FREE Perfect Italiano cooking kits for every purchase of $30 worth of Perfect Italiano products. Accumulated receipts are allowed!
Perfect Italiano Cooking Kit Redemption Mechanics
Send original receipts to:
Perfect Italiano Cooking Kit
Tanjong Pagar Post Office, PO Box 396, S(910814) with your Name, NRIC, Address and Contact No.
Each cooking kit set will comprise of: 1 Cutting Board, 1 Cheese Shaker, 1 Spaghetti Scooper, 1 Pizza Cutter and 1 Recipe Booklet.
Promotion valid from 15 May to 15 July 2015.
Prizes will be sent directly to winners by registered mail.
Strictly limited to 700 sets on a first-come, first-served basis.
*For Terms & conditions, visit www.perfectitaliano.com.sg
If you do give these recipes a try, don’t forget the hashtag your creations with #perfectitalianosg so that I (and everyone else) can check out your creation! Happy cheesing!