Cheese is always a staple in my fridge.
Every single time I go grocery shopping, I’d pick up a few packets of cheese from Perfect Italiano. I go through cheese quicker than I’d like to admit. One of my absolute favorite snack is a grilled cheese sandwich which I love that I can easily whip up in a mere few minutes. I tend to stay up late playing video games, so I’m always hungry in the middle of the night and for some reason my midnight cravings are always the same things: nasi lemak and melted cheese. YUM.
Perfect Italiano is a cooking cheese brand that adds simple Italian flair to everyday family meals. It is simple and easy to use, to prevent homemade meals from being difficult,
complex and time-consuming. It is said that the simple secret to good Italian cooking lies in the freshness of the ingredients used. And that exact same philosophy is applied to Perfect Italiano cheeses – only the best ingredients are used so that you can achieve simple and perfect Italian recipes, anytime and anywhere.
I’m always thinking of new dishes I can cook with the end results boasting beautifully melted cheese. I’d like to share two of my newest cheese food experiments with you, for you to attempt at home as well! I hope you guys will love these dishes as much as I do. I’ve been making them so often ever since!
Ingredients (most are optional & amount up to your preference):
- Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus
- tortilla wraps
- tomato paste
- halved cherry tomatoes
- baby spinach leaves
- basil leaves
- parma ham / bacon / your choice of meat
- truffle oil
- sliced portobello mushrooms
- olive paste
- Preheat oven or toaster to 180 degrees.
- Lay tortilla pieces on baking tray. Spread tomato paste all over the tortilla wraps with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle generously with Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus on top of tomato paste. When you think you’ve got enough, sprinkle on some more! Is there such a thing as too much cheese?
- Arrange desired amount of ingredients onto your pizza.
- If you’d like to include an egg on your pizza, make a little well in the middle then crack the egg into it.
- I made two different varations, one with cherry tomatoes + spinach + basil + parma ham + mushrooms, and the other one with cherry tomatoes + olive paste + basil + mushrooms + egg + truffle oil!
- Pop into the oven to bake for 6-8 ingredients, or until your cheese is golden brown and the egg cooked through!
- If using parma ham, do not arrange on pizza to bake in oven, simply place shredded parma ham on pizza separately afterwards.
The end result is an awesome thin crust pizza that takes only 15 minutes to make, from start to finish!
I love this recipe because it’s so flexible and convenient. Tortilla wraps make surprisingly good pizza bases. The sides get very crispy and the middle part is thin and soft, just the way I like it. As long as you’ve got your tortilla wrap, tomato paste and Pizza Plus cheese, the rest of the ingredients are completely optional and up to your own creativity and preferences.
I’m having a dinner gathering at my place this weekend and I plan to make this for them because everyone loves pizza, and I can easily make different variations of this dish so everyone will have a pizza they’ll love! I can prep the pizzas in advance before they arrive, and when they’re here, I’ll pop it into the oven to bake and they can have a fresh pizza right from my oven! Each tortilla pizza is personal-sized and the amount is just nice for a satisfying meal. Pizzas tend to be priced quite heftily when purchased outside, so whenever I have a pizza craving, I turn to this recipe instead!
I love ordering this next dish in restaurants, so I attempted a home made version and I’m pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out!
French Onion Soup
Ingredients (serves 4):
- five medium white onions, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 6 cups of beef broth
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- sliced buttered baguette
- 1/4 cup cooking wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Perfect Italiano Mozzarella
- Perfect Italiano Parmesan
- Preheat oven / toaster to 200 degrees.
- Melt the butter over a deep saucepan, then add chopped onions and garlic to the pan and cook over medium heat.
- Add sugar, and caramelize the onions until soft and brown in color, which can take up to 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast & butter the baguette, then top off with Perfect Italiano Mozzarella and Perfect Italiano Parmesan.
- To the saucepan, add your bay leaves, dried thyme, wine, flour, and stir vigorously.
- Add your 6 cups of beef broth, then once the soup comes to a simmer, turn off the heat.
- Do a taste test and add more water or beef broth as desired to dilute or intensify the taste.
- Ladle your onion soup into oven-safe bowls.
- Top off with baguette cheese slices, sprinkle more Perfect Italiano cheese on, then bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
This french onion soup makes for an uncommon and hearty side dish / starter. It’s quite rare to come across this dish being served in Singapore, which was why I just had to attempt it myself. The beef broth gives it a nice deep flavor while the caramelized onions lend a subtle sweetness, finished off with some heat from the wine,& the cheesy baguette slice… Bon Appétit!
There’s so many delicious things you can do with Perfect Italiano cheeses! They’ve got you covered from snacks, appetizers, main courses and even to desserts.
They’ve got more suggestions on how you can add a touch of Italian flair to your homecooking at www.perfectitaliano.com.sg!